Hello again,
Though I haven't left yet, I think it is about time for another update.
I have finally had the final amount I managed to raise with my sponsored swim. (drumroll....)
I managed to raise: 828€ and 700£, soooo THANK YOU to everyone!!!!!!!
Other news is that I am leaving on the 22nd for England for my orientation week end: this will be the first time that I will meet the rest of the team I am going to Brazil with. And I am leaving for Recife on the 27th, so excitement is at it's peak!
I have also had a little more information about what we will be doing over there. We will be doing 2 weeks of camps in a campsite not far from Recife for young people, mostly for the kids from the favella (=the slums) in Recife (Porta Larga). Then we will go back to Recife itself to do some follow up with the kids in the schools.
So as you can guess, I will be rather busy, but will try and update this blog as often as possible, but it will definitely not be daily! ;)
Subjects for prayers would be that the team would get on well, and that we all are encouraged by what we learn at orientation.
Thanks again for all your support and prayers.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire